Friday, September 18, 2009

Crowsnest Pass PowerPoint Changes

I hardly even remember what the original looked like it was so scary.  The first thing I did when I opened it was to make everything legible!  The backgrounds were all different and the writing on some of the backgrounds was illegible because the colours didn't contrast enough, so I put a light background with just plain dark/black writing.

Next I was sad to see there were no pictures!  I felt like Gaston from Beauty and the Beast: "How can you read this?! It has no pictures.", so following the procedure of limiting my google image search to things that could be reused, I found some beautiful pictures of the disaster and the post-disaster, and personally I think it looks really nice now. :)

The thing that I think scared me most was the gross amounts of information on each page.  There was a huge paragraph of things on the third slide, so I went through the information and weeded out what I thought to be "useless knowledge" and organized it into short but informative points.

While going through I also happened to notice there was misuse of certain words and some spelling mistakes, so I fixed those to the best of my knowledge.

Finally, I thought I'd fixed it, but when I saw some of the animation that had been chosen for the presentation, I was ... well there are no words, but I fixed it by taking away all the animations, and then having second thoughts, I added a couple that I thought would make the presentation easier to follow and more poignant­.


I don't know... I like to think I did a decent job ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment